- Yield10 Bioscience, Inc. has announced that Willie Loh, Ph.D., was named to the Company’s Board of Directors effective October 4, 2022. Dr. Loh previously served as a Special Commercial and Technical Advisor to the company and was formerly Vice President, Market Development of Cargill Inc.’s Global Edible Oils Solutions group in North America.
- Bushel, an independently-owned software technology company focused on developing solutions for the grain supply chain, has named Kevin Donalds as Chief Financial Officer (CFO). Donalds will be leading efforts in the company’s budgeting, long-term planning, reporting, legal, regulatory and auditing processes.
- Four leading independent agricultural organizations from Australia, Canada, the European Union, and United States have formed a collaborative initiative known as the Global Forum on Farm Policy and Innovation (GFFPI) to increase the sustainability of agriculture across the world. Farm Foundation, together with Australian Farm Institute, Canadian Agri-Food Policy Institute, and Forum for the Future of Agriculture have been working together informally for the past year to better understand key issues and seek areas of alignment for collaboration. Leaders from the four organizations recently convened at Farm Foundation’s offices in Illinois for the purpose of taking this further step in formalizing the collaboration.
- In advance of the Canadian Agri-food Marketers Alliance’s (CAMA) Best of CAMA awards event next month, the organization announces the winners of this year’s top three industry awards – Ben Lanthier, National CAMA Honour Roll Award, Rob Hannam Agri-Marketer of
the Year and Len Kahn, CAMA Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Commodity Classic is bringing the agriculture industry together again in-person March 9-11, 2023, in Orlando. There is still time for exhibitors to submit a proposal by October 14 to sponsor “What’s New” and “Mini What’s New” educational sessions.
- Registration is open for the 2023 Beltwide Cotton Conferences (BWCC) January 10-12 at the New Orleans Marriott in New Orleans, La. The BWCC, coordinated by the National Cotton Council, annually brings together university and USDA researchers, regulatory agencies, extension personnel/agents, consultants, and industry sales/support personnel to share the latest cotton industry information.