There’s a new online community open to all farmers and of course customers of New Holland. Today is the launch of MyNewHolland.com. This virtual community is set up to provide a meeting place to share information, contribute to farming related discussions and access premium contents and services. It is very simple to create your account by visiting MyNewHolland.com. Then you’ll have access to the features currently active.
A list of features includes:
- My New Holland: a new online community for all
- The Spotlight: discussions on a variety of topical subjects in the farming world
- The first Spotlight: ethanol and renewable energy
- Valuable information resources: instructional videos, white papers and more
- Premium content: owners of New Holland equipment and Precision Land Management products gain access to useful materials that will help them get the most from their machines
- Easy registration and log in through social networks
The Spotlight discussion is a key feature of MyNewHolland.com. Each discussion will feature a guest farmer or industry expert who supports a farming-related topic. All My New Holland members are invited to contribute their comments, opinions, material or images, driving the conversation forward. Each discussion will be open for a number of weeks; subsequently a white paper will be produced and made available for downloading.
The first Spotlight discussion topic is “Ethanol: Renewable Energy for America – Profit for American Farmers.” Our guest is Indiana farmer Ron Clauson. His farm has produced corn for ethanol production for the last eight years and he’s passionate about it.
“One hundred percent of the corn and soybeans we produce go into ethanol and biodiesel,” Clauson says. “It makes me proud to be able to say we market our crops to produce fuel that reduces dependence on imports.”
There are several questions being posed in this first Spotlight discussion for you to respond to and your feedback is highly appreciated.
- Are you producing a crop for ethanol production? If so, what type and why?
- How would a change in the Renewable Fuel Standard impact your community and you personally?
- What do you think about the misleading claims against ethanol by critics and what can farmers do about it?
I am very proud to be assisting our long time sponsor in the daily management of MyNewHolland.com in this startup phase. To get some more perspective on it I spoke with New Holland Director of Marketing for North America, Mark Hooper, while visiting headquarters in Pennsylvania recently. He says there are many more features planned for MyNewHolland.com as the community grows and develops.
You can listen to Mark talk about MyNewHolland.com here: Interview with Mark Hooper, New Holland
So there you have it. The website is live and available for you to create your personal login and let New Holland know what you think, especially about the first Spotlight discussion. See you there.