I love a good hamburger. Cindy keeps urging me to enter a contest with one of my recipes but I just like making and eating them. That’s why I like the information sent in by the folks at Certified Angus Beef. It’s called “Certified Angus Beef LLC Foodservice Briefs.” There’s a lot of information in it but here’s what I liked best:
Ultimate Mushroom Burger
• 6 lb. Certified Angus Beef ® ground chuck
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 12 portabella mushrooms, cleaned and stemmed
• Olive oil as needed
• 6 Tbsp. butter
• 16 cups sliced mushrooms
• 1/2 cup sherry
• 2/3 lb. grated smoked Gouda
1. Season ground chuck with salt and pepper, portion into 8-ounce patties and grill to desired doneness.
2. Brush both sides of whole portabellas with olive oil, season lightly with salt and pepper and grill about 10 minutes per side.
3. Melt butter in large fry pan. Add sliced mushrooms and sherry, and cook 8-10 minutes over medium heat.
4. To assemble, top each portabella with a burger, mushroom slices and grated Gouda cheese. Move to the top shelf of grill and close lid until cheese is soft and slightly melted.
Nutritional Information per Serving: 597.3 Calories; 40.2g Fat; 17.1g Saturated Fat; 183mg Cholesterol; 7.9g Carbohydrate; 1.8g Dietary Fiber; 53.6g Protein; 561mg Sodium; 33% daily value Iron (based on 2,000 calorie diet).
Recipe by Dianna Stoffer, Corporate Chef, Certified Angus Beef LLC
For more information contact Crystal Meier.
Feel free to send in your own recipes and/or e-newsletters. We’ll help spread the word!