Precision Ag News 8/4

Carrie Muehling Leave a Comment

  • Bayer, Bunge and Chevron U.S.A. Inc., a subsidiary of Chevron Corporation, have signed a shareholders’ agreement in connection with Bayer’s acquisition of a 65 percent majority ownership of the winter oilseed producer CoverCress, Inc. The remaining 35 percent of CCI will continue ownership under Bunge and Chevron.
  • Veteran ag industry leader John Gertz has joined the senior management team at Meristem Crop Performance as Chief Operating Officer. In the new role, Gertz will apply his deep experience in agribusiness, manufacturing and global supply chain operations management to boost Meristem’s efforts to build the most efficient platform for driving farm business success and accelerating innovation.
  • Valley Irrigation has partnered with Farmers National Company to complete the company’s first ag solar installation within North America. The installation, which is located in south-central Nebraska on a farm managed by Farmers National Company, will provide sustainable power to the landowner by efficiently converting the sun’s rays to clean energy.
  • Corteva Agriscience announced that the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has approved the registration of Resicore XL herbicide. The improved Resicore XL herbicide formulation will be available for use in the 2023 growing season.
  • The Soil Health Institute has released the agenda for its upcoming annual meeting to be held virtually on Aug. 11-12. Attendees at this year’s annual meeting of the Soil Health Institute can expect a content-rich program ranging from scientific results to their translation and implementation, all designed to increase on-farm and environmental benefits by “Scaling Up Soil Health.”
  • The Illinois Soybean Association has named Stephanie Porter as Outreach Agronomist and Deanna Burkhart as Agronomic Programs Coordinator.
AgWired Precision, Precision Ag Bytes, Precision Agriculture

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.