AgWired Precision, Precision Ag Bytes, Precision Agriculture
- JCB set a new British speed record for tractors with a modified version of its JCB 8000-series Fastrac. The tractor achieved an average maximum speed of 103.6 mph over two runs at Elvington Airfield in the United Kingdom. Television and motorsports personality Guy Martin was behind the wheel.
- The ARA Invitational Golf Tournament will again be part of the 2019 ARA Conference & Expo in New Orleans on Dec. 3-5! Register before the early bird rate expires Oct. 15 and join the leaders in ag retail in “The Big Easy.”
- The Soil Health Institute announced that Dr. C. Wesley (Wes) Wood has joined its Board of Directors. Dr. Wood is a Professor and Center Director of the West Florida Research and Education Center with the University of Florida Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences.
- At this year’s Bio World Congress on Industrial Biotechnology and AgTech in Des Moines, Iowa, the Consider Corn Challenge II winners will be announced. The National Corn Growers Association is also a sponsor of the event and will be participating in a number of sessions.
- Nutrien Ltd. announced it is now a Founding Member of the Ecosystem Services Market Consortium, a collection of private-sector and nonprofit organizations dedicated to advancing sustainability throughout the agricultural supply chain.
- Ceres Imaging announced the release of a new Variable Rate Application Zone Tool. The tool combines the highest accuracy aerial imagery on the market with patented data analytics to automatically generate management zones for variable rate applications of nitrogen and other inputs.