- The American Soybean Association announces the promotion of two staff members in an organizational realignment aimed at elevating ASA’s success as the industry’s policy organization. Wendy Brannen, who has served as Director of Policy Communications, has been promoted to Senior Director of Marketing and Communications. Abby Podkul, ASA Director of Commodity Classic, will now lead a new Meetings and Conventions Department as its Director.
- Thirteen U.S. cotton industry members have been chosen for the National Cotton Council’s 2019-2020 Emerging Leaders Program. Representing the industry’s seven segments are: Producers – Philip Edwards, III, Smithfield, Va.; Jaclyn Ford, Alapaha, Ga.; Ben Good, Starkville, Miss.; Kellon Lee, St. Joseph, La.; Dean Rovey, Buckeye, Ariz.; and Jake Sheely, Lemoore, Calif.; Ginner – Burch Pierce, Jonesville, La.; Merchant – Bob Champion, Prattville, Ala.; Warehouser – Kyle Taubert, Seminole, Texas; Marketing Cooperative – Jeremy Speis, Corpus Christi, Texas; and Josh Warren, Garner, N.C.; Cottonseed – Joe Gribble, Altus, Okla.; and Manufacturer – Ellis Fisher, Inman, South Carolina.
- Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc. announced the appointments of three new executives: Rizal Hamdallah as Global Chief Innovation Officer; Katy Latimer as Vice President of Research and Development; and Chris O’Connor as Vice President of Marketing.
- Tractor Supply customers and team members raised $917,954 in only 12 days during the Paper Clover campaign by making donations in-store and online across the country. A biannual program, Paper Clover is in partnership with the National 4-H Council.
- CommoditAg™, the online ordering and purchase option for farmers, announces the addition of Premier Companies in Southern Indiana.
- The American Farm Bureau Foundation for Agriculture and the U.S. Poultry and Egg Association, with funding from the USPOULTRY Foundation, have launched a new My American Farm game along with a supporting lesson plan, eComic and activity sheet. The game and resources were developed to help third- through fifth-grade students better understand the poultry and egg industry. In the game, students will adventure through the progression of stages in poultry and egg production.
- The National Corn Growers Association welcomes Nicole Hasheider, who joins the organization as director of biotechnology and crop inputs in the St. Louis office.