- U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue issued a statement regarding the omnibus spending bill released by Congressional leaders:
“The omnibus spending plan released last night contains a number of our priorities at USDA. Fixing the so-called ‘grain glitch’ 199A problem is simply an issue of fairness. We should not be picking winners and losers through the federal tax code by favoring one side over another.”
- Meister Media has teamed with NXT Events Media Group of Norwalk, CT, to create a joint venture called Meister | NXT LLC. The new JV will focus on producing conferences and trade shows to help the many diverse segments of agriculture realize the promise of new systems, technologies, and alliances to meet the challenges of ensuring safe, reliable, and abundant food for our expanding world.The first event of the joint venture will be Growing Innovations, which will debut November 7-8, 2018 at the Las Vegas Convention Center, Las Vegas, NV.
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) National Agricultural Statistics Service announces the annual USDA Data Users’ Meeting. The meeting is free of charge and open to anyone interested in learning about recent and pending changes in various data and information programs important to agriculture. USDA and partner agencies will seek comments and input on these programs. The 2018 meeting will be held from 1:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. CDT on Tues., April. 24, 2018 at the University of Chicago – Gleacher Center.
- To celebrate the 45th anniversary of National Ag Day, AGDATA hosted Feed + Kids Food & Fund Drive for two weeks in March 2018 at its headquarters in Charlotte, NC. All donations benefit Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina’s school-based program, Together We Feed. AGDATA’s employees collected 155 food items and enough money to purchase 900 pounds of food. According to Together We Feed, these food and financial donations will provide meals for approximately 550 children in our region.
- The National Corn Growers Association (NCGA) recently attended the Aquaculture America Conference to learn more about the industry and make connections with companies to discuss the benefits of corn and corn byproducts in aquaculture diets. NCGA met with a number of companies and representatives while at the conference, including tru SHRIMP of Minnesota, Prairie Aquatech of South Dakota, Eagles Catch of Iowa, and various feed mills and feed ingredient companies including Cargill, Zeigler, ADM, Blue Ridge Aquafeeds and BlueWater Feed Company.