- Golden Harvest has shared new data showcasing the top yield performance of Golden Harvest® brand soybean varieties with the Enlist E3® soybean trait technology when compared directly against competitors. In addition to yield potential benefits, these varieties offer herbicide flexibility and fit into diversified weed management strategies.
- The deadline is fast-approaching for the 2022 Farms.com Precision Agriculture Scholarship Contest — students have until June 30 to submit their idea. The theme for this year’s scholarship is “Precision Agriculture that Meets Environmental, Social, and Corporate Governance.”
- Sakata Seed America has appointed William (Bill) McCarthy as Director of R&D. Bill assumes the role from Jeff Zischke, who is retiring after 32 years with Sakata in roles as Tomato Breeder, Global Product Manager and Senior Director of R&D. Bill will assume responsibility for all of Sakata Seed America’s vegetables research and development activity at the company’s R&D stations in Burlington, WA, Woodland and Salinas, CA, Ft Myers, FL and Culiacan, Mexico.
- Novozymes is partnering with AgroFresh, a global leader in post-harvest freshness solutions, to develop biological solutions that can improve post-harvest food quality and minimize waste by fighting fungal pathogens. Resulting products, which will be developed for post-harvest applications, will benefit growers, retailers, and consumers, as well as the environment.
- Rob-See-Co, an independent seed company located in Elkhorn, Nebraska has acquired Big Cob Hybrids, an independent seed company based in Seward, NE. The
acquisition enables Rob-See-Co to expand its footprint and product offerings to dealers and growers in Kansas and Nebraska. The company will operate out of Rob-See-Co’s headquarters.
- Biotalys, an ag tech company protecting crops and food with protein-based biocontrol solutions, and Novozymes have entered into a partnership to expand opportunities for Evoca™*, Biotalys’ first proprietary biocontrol. Evoca is an innovative protein-based biofungicide developed on Biotalys’ AGROBODY Foundry™ platform that helps control fungal diseases such as Botrytis and powdery mildew in fruits and vegetables.
- Content from the virtual Corn Utilization and Technology Conference (CUTC) focused on New Uses and Mycotoxins is now available on-line. For access to the catalog of this year’s virtual CUTC recorded sessions, visit ncga.com/cutc.