AgWired Precision, Precision Ag Bytes
- New Ag International will take two conferences to Brazil in August 2019. InfoAg International Conference & Exhibition, a three-day event jointly organized with the International Plant Nutrition Institute, will run in Campinas, São Paulo State, Brazil from 26-28 August 2019.
- Kynetec, the global leader in agricultural and animal health market research, announced that it has completed the acquisition of Neil Clark & Associates, one of Australia’s most established providers of agribusiness data and business intelligence.
- The Iowa AgriTech Accelerator hosted its second annual AgTech Day on Tuesday, March 26. Nine early-stage AgTech startups from across the country gathered in West Des Moines, Iowa, where they showcased their innovations to The Accelerator’s community of mentors and supporters.
- Solinftec, a leading international digital ag company, was presented with a 2019 AgFunder Innovation Award in the category of Most Innovative International Startup Series A and Beyond.
- Nominations for the 2019 Borlaug Field Award are open. This award honors a young scientist or extension worker who has shown Borlaug-like determination, dedication and intellectual innovation in the fight to eliminate global hunger, malnutrition and poverty. This prestigious award offers a USD $10,000 prize endowed by the Rockefeller Foundation. To learn more about awardee qualifications, visit www.worldfoodprize.org/nominate.
- TerrAvion announces the promotion of Lee Smith to Chief Commercial Officer. In this role, Lee will be responsible for all commercial activities at TerrAvion, the world’s largest volume agricultural aerial imagery provider.
- Having succeeded in protecting funding for the Conservation Title in the 2018 Farm Bill, more than 140 leading farm, conservation, and wildlife groups are once again joining together to protect those hard-fought conservation funds and programs in the fiscal year (FY) 2020 appropriations process. The groups called upon appropriators to respect the funding decisions made in the 2018 Farm Bill and reject any cuts to farm bill conservation funding through the appropriations process.