- Nominations are now open for the Outstanding Georgia Young Peanut Farmer. The state winner will be announced at the Georgia Peanut Farm Show on Thursday, Jan. 17, 2019. Applications are due by Dec. 15, 2018. The award application is available online at www.gapeanuts.com.
- MGEX reports that the total exchange volume for October came in at 160,100 contracts, which is an increase of 33% compared to October 2017.
- HELM Agro US, Inc. announced the hiring of Adam Hensley as the company’s new Marketing and Business Development Leader.
- Commodity Classic and Successful Farming® are partnering to bring Commodity Classic attendees a dynamic list of educational and entertaining Main Stage presentations. The Main Stage line-up for 2019 includes: Brian and Darren Hefty of Ag PhD presenting on weed control and micronutrients; nationally-renowned speaker Jolene Brown talking about farm transition and succession planning; Marji Guyler-Alanz, president and founder of FarmHer; Rob Sharkey, known for his podcast The Shark Farmer; Al Kluis, marketing columnist for Successful Farming®; a cooking demonstration by Chef Denise Flores Ordoñez; and panel discussions and presentations featuring top ag experts and industry leaders.
- The National Corn Growers Association announced the launch of the second Consider Corn Challenge contest.
- The outcome of the midterm election and what it means for the food and agriculture sector will be the focus of the Farm Foundation Forum on Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2018. For the free live audiocast, register HERE.
- The National FFA Foundation has announced appointments to its sponsors’ board and individual giving council. For a complete listing of all current sponsors’ board and individual giving council members, visit FFA.org/our-leadership/.