AgWired Animal, Animal Bites, Beef, Dairy, Poultry
- Louie DeBoer recently joined the Vita Plus Columbus team as a dairy specialist. Based in Columbus, Wisconsin, DeBoer will provide nutrition and management expertise to help dairy producers reach their production goals.
- USPOULTRY and the USPOULTRY Foundation announce the completion of a funded research project at the University of Georgia in Athens, Ga., in which researchers created a new rapid method to develop infectious bronchitis vaccines. The research was made possible in part by an endowing Foundation gift from Fieldale Farms and is part of the Association’s comprehensive research program encompassing all phases of poultry and egg production and processing.
- Attendee registration and general housing for the 2019 International Production & Processing Expo (IPPE) is now open. For more information and to register for the 2019 IPPE, visit www.ippexpo.org.
- Michigan Milk Producers Association, a dairy farmer-owned cooperative and dairy producer serving more than 1,700 farmers in the Midwest, plans to add a new 7,500-square-foot processing area to its existing facility. The project is expected to generate a total investment of $24 million and create 11 jobs. Michigan was chosen over a competing site in Indiana.
- The 7th Annual World Food Championships, presented by Walmart, is preparing for its 2018 main event in November. In a few short months, over 1,500 chefs and home cooks from 41 states and 14 countries will meet at The Wharf in Orange Beach, Alabama to battle it out for more than $350,000 in cash and prizes.
- A talent in poetry will win one cattleman or woman a trip to the 2019 Cattle Industry Convention & NCBA Trade Show in New Orleans, La., Jan. 30–Feb. 1, 2019. The Cowboy Poetry Contest, being coordinated by the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association and sponsored by IMI Global, is accepting entries until Oct. 19, 2018. For more information and to enter, go to www.ncba.org, then click on conventions and events/Cattle Industry Convention & NCBA Trade Show.