- The Animal Agriculture Alliance announced the winners of the 2017 College Aggies Online (CAO) scholarship competition, which prepares students to become lifelong advocates for agriculture. The top three individual winners along with a representative from each winning club will receive an expenses-paid trip to the Alliance’s 2018 Stakeholders Summit set for May 3-4 in Arlington, Va.
- Hiland Dairy Foods Company, a leading farmer-owned dairy producer, is pleased to announce that the company recently received awards in 17 product categories during the 2017 World Dairy Expo (WDE) Championship Dairy Product Contest. The prestigious WDE all-dairy national contest allows Hiland Dairy and other winning companies the right to claim their products as “the best of the best” in North America.
- Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue has announced the appointment of six members to serve on the National Fluid Milk Processor Promotion Board.
- Perdue also has announced the appointment of five members to serve on the National Pork Board.
- The 10th Animal Agriculture Sustainability Summit is returning to the 2018 International Production & Processing Expo in Atlanta. The summit, sponsored by the U.S. Poultry & Egg Association, will focus on current sustainability topics relevant to the animal agriculture industry. The half-day program will be held Tuesday, Jan. 30, 2018, and is free for all registered expo attendees.
- Cattlemen gathering at the 2018 Cattlemen’s College in Phoenix, Ariz., Jan. 30 – 31 can save money by pre-registering for the event by Jan. 5. College students are eligible for additional registration discounts. For more information, or to register for the event, visit http://convention.