- Register here for the 79th National FFA Convention coming up October 25-28 in Indianapolis, IN.
- Wheat growers now have a new herbicide to use. It’s BASF’s Clearmax which will be available for use on winter wheat this season. (pdf)
- Missouri’s ALOT program is seeking applicants for their next class. Applications are due by September 15.
- The Father of the Green Revolution, Dr. Norman Borlaug, is now an honorary member of the CropLife Foundation board of directors.
- The 2006 Cotton Foundation Producer Information Exchange Tour program for cotton producers is set to get started on July 9. These 4 regional tours allow participants to be exposed to innovative practices in regions outside their own.
- Read Darin’s Ramblings (blog) to see what he has to say about ag technology. Darin is a farmer and ag technology consultant.
- You figure this one out. An FAO-led group called IMARK, has issued a new learning tool designed to help specialists and interested parties access and exchange agricultural information online.
- A Purdue University ag economist says that, “farmers should not expect their site-specific tools to remain viable any longer than their home computers.” Find out more on their Site Specific Management Center.
- Delta Farm Press says that Cotton Inc. is now sponsoring Nashville Star.
- Students won scholarship funds at World Ag Exo.
- Missouri Agriculture Industries Council summer meeting announced. Register here.
- The FAO is holding its Regional Conference for Latin America and the Caribbean in Caracas, Venezuela, this week.
- Cowboys are in Washington, DC for NCBA’s Spring Legislative Conference.
- Find out what the Association of Equipment Manufacturers thinks are key public policy initiatives.
- Nitragin acquires Agribiotics and says that LCO Promoter Technology will soon be available in non-legume crop like wheat, cotton and corn.
- Vote for your NAMA Regional Direcor. You have to be a member.
- Pioneer announces new high-moisture corn innoculant.
- Alltech is holding some Kentucky Ale Meetings in California on mycotoxins for vets, nutritionists and dairymen. Call (559) 226-0405 to RSVP.
I missed World Water Day but I did drink water and take a shower.
Plant pathology journalism award deadline extended to April 21.
The Fisheries Scholarship Fund awarded 9 research institutes with funds to study the health benefits of seafood and seafood safety technology.
Pork, The Other White Meat brand sold for $60 million.
See an Australian farmer talk about biotech.
New District Agronomist for Mycogen Seeds – Art Graves, Northeast District of the United States.
China is going to scrap it’s National Agriculture Tax on farmers this year.
The American Livestock Connection is offering free classified ads.
I hate it when blight attacks my anthuriums.
Another inconclusive bse test at USDA. I know we want to know but how ’bout when it’s conclusive?
USDA announced 6 biobased items that will now receive special consideration for procurement.
Griffin Bungener has been promoted to account executive at Bader Rutter & Associates in the agency’s account services group.
Crop insurance deadline is coming up March 15.
There’s a new group of officers at NPPC.