American Agri-Women, ASA, Corteva Agriscience, Zimfo Bytes
- The Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO) has announced that Corteva Agriscience Vice President of External Affairs and Chief Sustainability Officer Krysta Harden will receive the 5th annual Rosalind Franklin Award for Leadership in Industrial Biotechnology and Agriculture. Distinguished Professor Sang Yup Lee at the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) will receive the 11th annual George Washington Carver Award for Innovation in Industrial Biotechnology. Both awards will be presented at the 2018 BIO World Congress July 16-19.
- Drs. Lawrence Haddad and David Nabarro are the 2018 World Food Prize Laureates, announced during a ceremony at USDA. The Prize rewards their individual but complementary global leadership in elevating maternal and child undernutrition with the result of reducing the world’s number of stunted children by 10 million between 2012 and 2017.
- Iowa Women in Agriculture has announced its 12th annual conference at the FFA Enrichment Center in Ankeny Aug. 2. This year’s theme is Connections, Challenges and Celebrations.
- American Agri-Women (AAW) proudly presented the 2018 Champion of Agriculture Award to Representative James Comer of Kentucky and Representative Steve Pearce of New Mexico during their annual Fly-In in Washington, D.C. in June. AAW recently recognized Congressman Tom Emmer of Minnesota with the Presidential Leadership Award for his role in sponsoring the Stemming the Tide of Rural Economic Stress and Suicide bill, known as the Stress Act (H.R. 5259).
- The American Soybean Association and Corteva Agriscience™, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont are seeking applicants for the 2018-19 Young Leader Program. Applications are available online now.
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture announced the appointment of Dr. Jennifer Tucker as Deputy Administrator of the USDA Agricultural Marketing Service National Organic Program, part of the Marketing and Regulatory Programs mission area.