Master agriblogger, Joy Carter, Georgia Peanut Commission, has put her skills to work for the National FFA Alumni Association. She’ll be posting from the convention in Indianapolis this week and is one of the presenters at the National FFA Alumni Workshops. Here’s a few items she wants you to be aware of:
Alumni Benefit Auctions
– Online Timed Benefit Auction running Oct. 15-29, 2008
Available online for bidding at www.unitedcountry.com/ffaauction/
– Silent Benefit Auction will be held Oct. 22-24, 2008 at the Indianapolis Convention Center, Ballroom 500.
– Live Benefit Auction, held Friday, Oct. 24, 2008 at 6:00 p.m. (EDT) at the Indianapolis Convention Center – Auction will be broadcast online at www.unitedcountry.com/ffaauction
The annual live, silent and online benefit auctions are held to raise funds to provide scholarships for students to participate in the Washington Leadership Conference and for college students enrolled in agricultural education. The success of the auction directly determines the number of scholarships awarded.
National FFA Alumni Workshops during Convention – Thursday, Oct. 23 at the Indianapolis Convention Center, Room 205-207
Workshops will also be broadcast LIVE at http://www.ffa.org/alumni. Then click on WEBCAST.
– Making the Message Matter, 9:00 to 10:00 a.m. by Kristina Watson, National FFA Alumni Member at Large Director
– Making an Impact, Your Voice Matters, 11:00 a.m. to noon by Joy Carter, National FFA Alumni Southern Region Member Director
– Alumni Boot Camp, 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. by Diane Amera, National FFA Alumni Central Region Member Director and Ronnie Ansley, National FFA Alumni President
More information on the specific details of these workshops are available online at: www.ffa.org/alumni