New Economic Impact Study of U.S. Ag Equipment Industry – $82 Billion a Year, 250,000 Jobs. From the Association of Equipment Manufacturers. FMC Corporation Acquires Exclusive Access to Sankyo Agro Fungicide. Under an agreement with Sankyo Agro, FMC has acquired the rights to develop, register, market, and sell both stand-alone and combination products containing simeconazole globally, except for several countries …
Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc., has relaunched its Web site – www.pioneer.com – to bring growers and other users updated content, improved navigation and a more user-friendly, results-driven search engine. Pioneer focused on feedback from growers, Pioneer customers, employees and media to drive the Web site relaunch project. Hero insecticide from FMC receives EPA registration. Hero delivers fast knockdown and longer …
Some tidbits you might enjoy: New D&PL Soybeans Combine STS and Roundup Ready Trait Technology (pdf) – Midsouth soybean producers will be able to better manage herbicide resistance while setting the stage for high yield potential with the new Roundup Ready/STS stacked-trait soybean varieties from Delta and Pine Land Company. Cottage Hill Farm Receives USPOULTRY’s Family Farm Environmental Excellence Award …
Syngenta corn rootworm insect trait stack approved by US EPA. Boehringer Ingelheim Hires and Promotes Swine Team Members. Ad Space is Available in the 2007 NAFB Directory. Contact Jeremy Povemire. Women fill top posts at FAO. Put the 77th Annual Convention & Trade Show of the American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers, February 14 – 17, 2007 in …
- The 77th Annual Convention & Trade Show of the American Society of Farm Managers and Rural Appraisers, February 14 – 17, 2007 is coming up in Atlanta, Georgia. Wonder if they have anyone blogging it?
- Tune in to RFD-TV Live on January 29, 2007, at 8:00 p.m. Eastern and learn more about how innovations for your home and farm are making propane a fuel for the future.
- Eileen Crosby has been promoted to senior account executive at Bader Rutter & Associates in the agency’s account management group. Crosby joined the agency in 2000 as an account executive. In her new role, she will lead and manage the communications efforts for PhytoGen™ brand cottonseed and Telone Soil Fumigant on the Dow AgroSciences account.
- NEW ALLIANCE PUSHES FOR BOLD CHANGES IN 2007 FARM BILL – “Seeking Balance in U.S. Farm and Food Policy.” (pdf file)
- State Farm Bureaus Honored for Excellence.
- What the iPhone means for Radio. You farm broadcasters need to read this.
- Bayer CropScience unveils 2007 Growing Strong Rewards Program.
- Consumer Advocacy Groups: The Attacks on Agribusiness Begin. Next program for the Kansas City Agribusiness Council – January 24, 2007 • 2:30 p.m. to 4:20 p.m. Contact Gina to register.
- Borlaug-Monsanto Chair for Plant Breeding and International Crop Improvement created at Texas A&M.
- The National Turkey Federation Promotes Three Staff Members.
- National Pork Board Names 2007 Celebrated Chefs America’s Top Chefs to Showcase Pork.
- Biodiesel Information Available on John Deere Web Site.
- Get your own branded podcatcher and directory at PodcatcherZ.
- Top Farmer Idea Award Goes to Texas FB Inventor.
- Register Now for Region 2 Best of NAMA.
- Somark Innovations Announces Successful Animal Tests of Biocompatible Chipless RFID Ink in Cattle and Laboratory Rats.
In the spirit of Thanksgiving which is almost upon us I thought you might want some news on the big day. There’s no shortage of it and I’ve been saving up some for you. American Farm Bureau says that a turkey meal is still affordable. Whether it be surfing the Web or dialing a toll-free phone number, California consumers will …
- FMC Corporation and Dow AgroSciences LLC announce the companies have entered into a long-term supply agreement, whereby FMC will have access to cloransulam-methyl and Dow AgroSciences will have access to sulfentrazone for the commercialization of premixes involving the two active ingredients for weed control in soybeans. Each company will launch their own brand of herbicide for the 2007 growing season, Dow AgroSciences under the Sonic brand name and FMC under the Authority First DF brand name.
- CNH AMERICA LLC, announced today that a majority of its employees belonging to the International Association of Machinists in Fargo, North Dakota voted to ratify a new five and a half year contract, effective November 1, 2006 through April 27, 2012. The agreement was reached by the company and the union on October 30, 2006, and ratified by a majority of its 520 IAM represented employees today.
- Research conducted by several Midwest universities confirms that hybrids with the Herculex(R) RW Rootworm protection trait or Herculex(R) XTRA gene were consistently superior to other corn rootworm management options — transgenic or soil insecticides. In 14 university trials, Pioneer hybrids with the Herculex RW gene were twice as effective in protecting against root damage, on average, as hybrids with the YieldGard Rootworm gene developed by Monsanto.
- Kubota Tractor Corporation announces a global Kubota decision to approve the use of “B5” biodiesel fuels in specified Kubota diesel-powered products. Biodiesel fuels, most often offered in a blended-petroleum format, are derived from vegetable oils such as soybean and are offered in the United States as an alternative source for energy. The approved blends of biodiesel fuel for use in Kubota diesel-powered products range up to a “B5” blend that consists of 5% biodiesel and 95% petroleum diesel.
- Auto technicians and consumers now have an additional resource for ethanol information at the click of a mouse. The Ethanol Promotion and Information Council has developed a cutting-edge online training course to provide useful information on the homegrown renewable fuel. But the interactive training module is far from a dry technical manual. Animations, illustrations, and audio narration contribute to the learning experience.
- Zagat Survey today released the results of its new 2007 America’s Top Restaurants Survey. The guide, covering 1,389 eateries in 42 major cities, is based on 21 million meals experienced by over 123,000 surveyors.
- Register here for the 79th National FFA Convention coming up October 25-28 in Indianapolis, IN.
- Wheat growers now have a new herbicide to use. It’s BASF’s Clearmax which will be available for use on winter wheat this season. (pdf)
- Missouri’s ALOT program is seeking applicants for their next class. Applications are due by September 15.
- The Father of the Green Revolution, Dr. Norman Borlaug, is now an honorary member of the CropLife Foundation board of directors.
- The 2006 Cotton Foundation Producer Information Exchange Tour program for cotton producers is set to get started on July 9. These 4 regional tours allow participants to be exposed to innovative practices in regions outside their own.
- Read Darin’s Ramblings (blog) to see what he has to say about ag technology. Darin is a farmer and ag technology consultant.