AgWired Precision, Precision Ag Bytes
- The InfoAg International Conference & Exhibition has announced keynote speakers for this year’s event. Register before June 14 to receive the early bird discount.
- NCGA attended the Coalition for Agricultural Greenhouse Gases Spring 2019 meeting in Sacramento, California. The multi-stakeholder coalition sees agricultural lands as playing a key role in building sustainable agriculture and reducing greenhouse gas emission.
- Ag Leader has introduced several new tools to its full-farm connectivity platform, AgFiniti.
- Though phosphorus is an essential nutrient necessary for optimal plant growth and yields, research shows that more than 50 percent of production acres are phosphorus deficient. To find better ways to fully utilize phosphorus, West Central Distribution launched the Phosphorus Project in 2018.
- As planting season begins across the country, the American Seed Trade Association reminds farmers to follow the basic steps for stewardship of treated seed. For more information, visit seed-treatment-guide.com.
- AgLaunch Initiative has been named one of seven new Small Business Administration’s Regional Innovation Clusters, a program built to strengthen opportunities for small businesses within a region focused on a specific industry vertical.
- As the global market demand for almonds continues to increase exponentially, one of the greatest threats to crops is navel orangeworm, Amyelois transitella. The addition of a bioinsecticide from Marrone Bio Innovations Inc. to the May and hull split conventional spray programs decreased total nut damage by an additional two percent in extensive 2018 field trials. The addition of Venerate® XC delivered a six-to-one return on investment for growers, while multiple trials show that Venerate® XC added to a conventional spray program improved total performance by 33 percent based on damage reduction and number of eggs and pests present.
- The Soil Health Partnership is launching the Soil Session webinar series to provide updates on SHP’s various programs and research findings. Register here.