- Farmer’s Business Network, Inc. is now offering a full range of crop insurance products and services through its affiliate FBN Insurance LLC. Farmers interested in new coverage offerings supported by FBN’s technology and analytical capabilities can get a free personal analysis at https://fbn.com/try-insurance.
- Plan to attend the 2019 Ag & Food HR Roundtable July 30 – August 1, 2019 in Ames, Iowa presented by AgCareers.com, thanks to co-hosts BASF and Iowa State University College of Agriculture and Life Sciences.
- The Association of Equipment Manufacturers’ October U.S. Ag Tractor and Combine Report shows overall sales remained positive year-to-date, although a few categories recorded October declines.
- New Holland has formed a year-long strategic relationship with Dave Sparks, also known as ‘Heavy D’, who is an entrepreneur, custom vehicle builder and social media personality. Sparks also stars in the Discovery TV series, Diesel Brothers.
- At the Cotton Sourcing USA Summit, Cotton Council International President Ted Schneider addressed how the U.S. cotton industry intends to meet its 2025 sustainability goals. Central to his remarks was the introduction of the U.S. Cotton Trust Protocol.
- Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue announced the appointment of sixteen members to serve on the National Watermelon Promotion Board.
- In response to an announcement made by the American Medical Association to create front-of-package food warning labels that would mislead consumers, the Sugar Association President and CEO Courtney Gaine PhD, RD, issued the following statement voicing concern over labeling changes.
- FFA announces a brand-new, student-led national television program to air on RFD-TV and The Cowboy Channel. “FFA Today,” presented by Dish will premiere on Jan. 7 at 7 p.m. ET. The weekly program will feature students living the FFA motto of “Learning to Do, Doing to Learn, Earning to Live, and Living to Serve.” Each week, FFA Today, hosted by FFA members will showcase their peers’ accomplishments in the classroom, in their community, and in agribusiness.
- American Farmland Trust announces its partnership with Farmland to save farmland and ranchland. Now through Dec. 31, 2019, Farmland has pledged to protect one square foot of American farmland for every Pure Farmland item purchased, by donating funds from these products to AFT to further its mission.