AgWired Animal, Animal Bites
- This Thanksgiving, more consumers will be able to trace their Honeysuckle White turkeys to the family farm where they were raised, thanks to a blockchain solution that brings transparency to consumer’s food purchases. Through a simple text or by entering an on-package code at HoneysuckleWhite.com, consumers can trace their turkey back to the family farm, access the farm’s location by state and county, view the family farm story, see photos from the farm and read a message from the farmer.
- More than 1,600 National FFA Organization chapters across the country are receiving funds from veterinarians and animal health dealers and distributors through this year’s Zoetis Industry Support Program.
- Farmweld is committed to providing U.S. pork producers with the highest quality equipment and services. To expand that effort, the company has hired Brent Jackson to provide field sales support in the vital pig production states of Iowa and Minnesota.
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Acting Administrator Andrew Wheeler signed a proposed rule to amend the emergency release notification regulations under the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA) to make clear that reporting of air emission from animal waste at farms is not required under EPCRA.
- Advanced Animal Diagnostics (AAD) announced that it has entered into a license and commercialization agreement with Zoetis to bring AAD’s innovative mastitis detection technology to dairy producers and veterinarians outside of the United States.