AgWired Animal, Animal Bites
- The dairy checkoff has awarded 13 academic scholarships to students enrolled in programs that emphasize dairy and who have shown potential to become future dairy leaders. The National Dairy Promotion and Research Board, through Dairy Management Inc., which manages the national dairy checkoff, annually awards $2,500 scholarships to each student. In addition, the NDB awards a $3,500 James H. Loper Jr. Memorial Scholarship to one outstanding scholarship recipient.
- Jeff Wilkerson, a long-time industry expert in livestock sales and marketing, has announced a new independent venture under the company name Wilkerson Solutions.
- Hiland Dairy Foods Company received 16 awards in dairy product categories during the 2018 World Dairy Expo Championship Dairy Product Contest.
- News on the trade front is getting better for U.S. pork producers as the Trump administration announced it wants to negotiate trade agreements with the European Union, Japan and the United Kingdom. The National Pork Producers Council commended the administration for its ambitious trade agenda.
- Swanson Russell has been selected as agency of record for the Cattlemen’s Beef Promotion and Research Board.