CropLife America, FFA, John Deere, USGC, Zimfo Bytes
- U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Sonny Perdue announced USDA is inviting comments on the implementation of the e-Connectivity Pilot Program established in the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2018 on March 23, 2018. Comments are due on or before 5 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time on Monday, Sept. 10, 2018 and can be submitted through the Federal eRulemaking Portal or by postal mail/commerical delivery.
- The IDEAg Group LLC announces the new Farm Bureau Financial Services Rural Lifestyle Pavilion for Minnesota Farmfest 2018. The Farm Safety 4 Just Kids Booth inside the Farm Bureau Financial Services Rural Lifestyle Pavilion focuses on free safety games and demonstrations.
- Bill Kuckuck announced plans to retire from his position as executive vice president and chief operating officer of CropLife America (CLA) on December 31, 2018. His announcement follows that of Jay Vroom, CLA’s president and CEO, who announced he would retire from his position, after nearly 30 years, at the end of 2018.
- The National FFA Organization and Microsoft Corp. announce their collaboration to bring innovative technology, science, research and entrepreneurship to the classrooms of the more than 650,000 FFA student members nationwide through an initiative known as Blue 365. Blue 365 will serve as a catalyst for evolving sustainability, innovative efficiency and preparing the future leaders who will solve the world’s critical agricultural challenges.
- Swanson Russell welcomes Bri Harding and Alex Jensen to its Omaha office and Michael Rudolf, Kiley Shuler and Katie Struckman to its Lincoln office.
- The Minnesota AgriGrowth Council announced that Executive Director Perry Aasness is leaving the organization after five years to join Compeer Financial as their Vice President of Legislative Affairs.
- Delegates of the U.S. Grains Council elected as chairman Jim Stitzlein, manager of market development for Consolidated Grain and Barge Co., at its 58th Annual Board of Delegates Meeting.
- Purdue University hosts the National Conference for Food and Agribusiness November 6-7, 2018. Click here for more information on session descriptions, learning objectives, and speakers.
- Deere & Company has signed a definitive agreement to acquire PLA, a privately-held manufacturer of sprayers, planters, and specialty products for agriculture. PLA is based in Argentina, with manufacturing facilities in Las Rosas, Argentina, and Canoas, Brazil.