- The American Farm Bureau Federation is accepting speaker proposals for the 2019 AFBF Annual Convention & IDEAg Trade Show in New Orleans, Louisiana this January, 11-16, 2019. Submit your proposal by Friday, May 18, 2018 for a chance to become part of one of the premier destinations for agriculture education, policy development, industry relationships and cutting-edge innovations.
- The IFAJ2018 World Congress Dutch Roots organizers will offer a three day pre-tour to visit a dairy farmer, an arable crop farmer and a flower grower. The pre-tour will only be organized if there are enough participants – the minimum number is 20 persons. The deadline for participation in the pre-tour is set at May 23rd. Those interested in the pre-tour will know on June 1st at the latest if the pre-tour will or will not be organized as proposed. For detailed information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Is this a trade war or just trade rhetoric? That question will be explored by the current and three former Chief Agriculture Negotiators at the Farm Foundation Forum on Tuesday, May 22. The Forum will be at the National Press Club, 529 14th Street NW, Washington, D.C. Register here. A free, live audiocast will be available for those unable to participate in the Forum in person. Register for the audiocast here.
- Eleven U.S. cotton industry members have been chosen to participate in the National Cotton Council’s Emerging Leaders Program for 2018-19. Overall, the Emerging Leaders Program provides participants with a better understanding of how the NCC carries out its mission of ensuring the U.S. cotton industry’s seven segments can compete effectively and profitably in the raw cotton, oilseed and U.S.-manufactured product markets at home and abroad.
- The Agricultural Retailers Association announced that Melisa Augusto has been hired as director of communications and marketing for the organization. She will officially join the staff on May 15.