- The Robert B. Daugherty Water for Food Global Institute at the University of Nebraska welcomes Howard W. Buffett to the board of directors.
- To date, 33 corn mazes in 19 states have joined together with Culver’s Thank You Farmers initiative and have planted more than 7 million seeds of gratitude for the hard work of America’s farmers. These mazes are just one of the many ways Culver’s shows charitable support for the future of farming.
- The Farm Foundation is hosting a forum on the role of innovation in U.S. agriculture and changes needed for global competitiveness. It will be held Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at 9 a.m. EDT at the National Press Club, 529 14th Street NW, Washington D.C. Register here to attend in person or here to participate online.
- Performance Food Group Company (PFG) and DuPont Pioneer have announced PFG is introducing a new high-performance soybean oil that is helping expand the market for U.S. soybean growers. The primary ingredient in the new oil is Pioneer® brand Plenish® high oleic soybean oil, which has been shown to have superior longevity and taste.
- Farm Computer Usage and Ownership report released on August 18, 2017 by USDA’s National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS) is being reissued due to a correction on page 10. The percent of farms in 2017 that purchase agricultural inputs over the internet has been updated.